Community representatives for the Citizens Panel appointed
The next phase of community consultation will commence in early September 2017, following the recent appointment of community members to form a Citizens Panel for the former Artarmon Bowling Club building.
We received a total of 26 applications for the Citizens Panel. 15 people were appointed to represent the community as follows:
- 2 residents living in Burra Road
- 2 residents neighbouring the facility
- 2 users/ hirers of the premises
- 1 representative of Willoughby South Progress Association
- 1 representative of Artarmon Progress Association
- 1 representative of Naremburn Progress Association
- 1 representative of a Youth group
- 1 representative of an Aged Care group
- 4 other community members
The Panel’s Terms of Reference provide their duties and responsibilities. The Panel members reflect a balance in both gender and age groups and showed a range of desirable skills. Four Panel meetings will be held on Monday evenings during September 2017.
Council has appointed Straight Talk Consulting, a community engagement specialist to chair and facilitate the Panel. We are confident that the interests of the wider community and key stakeholders will be taken into account as the Panel consider future options for the building and makes a recommendation for Council to consider in December 2017.
Panel meeting output will be available on this page each Wednesday during September 2017.
Consultation has concluded