- The Citizens Panel was asked to comment on the Draft Plan for Artarmon Parklands concerning the land of the former Artarmon Bowling Club.
- The Citizens Panel was asked to consider Kids Cottage as a community centre.
- The Citizens Panel was asked to comment on the renewal of the Artarmon Bowling Clubhouse building.
- Option 1
- Keep Artarmon Bowling Clubhouse as it is.
- Option 2
- Refurbish the clubhouse as a community facility.
- Option 3
- Replace clubhouse with an outdoor recreation pavilion and accessible amenity block.
- To provide a sports field and specialised outdoor recreational facilities in a bush park setting.
- Be a district park for the people of Artarmon and Naremburn, where the community may enjoy a range of outdoor activities.
- Naremburn Library - community library, meeting rooms, community groups meeting space
- Northbridge Library - community library, meeting rooms, community groups meeting space
- Warners Park Centre - general community hire, before and after childcare, bush care
- Bales Park Pavilion - general community hire
- Willoughby Park Art & Recreation Centre - offering a variety of art and recreational activities for adults and children
- Former Northbridge Bowling Club – proposal underway for future community use
- Willoughby Men’s Shed
- 139 Artarmon Rd - exercise classes and community general hire
- Artarmon Kids Cottage Community Centre - children’s activities such as playgroups. On Saturdays, the venue is available for activities related to children with additional needs.
- Artist Studio - residential artist studio
- Artarmon Library - community library, meeting rooms, community groups meeting space
What is the costing breakdown for options 1 and 2?
Option 1 - Keep Artarmon Bowling Clubhouse as it is.
$483,199 Costing Breakdown:
- Immediate repairs to bring the building up to satisfactory standards.
- Refurbishments of bathrooms including accessibility.
- Disability access ramp.
- Removal of hazardous materials.
Option 2 - Refurbish the clubhouse as a community facility.
$1.4M Costing Breakdown:
- All option 1 items as outlined above.
- 5 year estimate life cycle repair/replacement costs.
- Additional upgrades and building requirement estimates:
* Security and Swipe access
* Kitchen upgrade
* External lighting
* Sustainability improvements
* Hirer equipment storage
* Air conditioning
* Window coverings
Where is the Artarmon Bowling Club site located?
What consultation has occurred so far?
In 2015 a review of the Artarmon Reserve Master Plan was undertaken with wide community consultation undertaken. This identified improvement to the quality of open space in Artarmon is required to better meet the community needs and expectations. Key themes included more opportunities for play, a skate ramp, a scooter/bike track, exercise stations, and passive recreation opportunities.
On 24 July 2017, a Citizens Panel established to consider future options for the Artarmon Bowling clubhouse building and the cost of upgrading / maintaining the current building and not to include demolition of the building. The panel was also asked to comment on the future use of the Artarmon Bowling Clubhouse building.
On 23 April 2018, the Citizens Panel was invited to attend a consultation workshop to assist with the renewal of the Artarmon Bowling Club Site:
The options presented to the panel were;
What is the future use of the precinct?
The focus for the precinct is for outdoor recreation. The draft master plan for the Artarmon Parklands aims to meet the Artarmon Reserve Management Plan objectives;
What community facilities exist within 2.5 km of Artarmon Bowling Club site?
Willoughby City Council provides a number of community facilities surrounding the Artarmon area which provide a range of community services:
Below is a list of Council facilities includes libraries and community centres in Artarmon: